*IF USING ARES CPSB KIT: PLEASE BE ADVISED*
With Ares’ current QC standards and 45 degree design on their CPSB Piston, a compatibility issue is possible and some DIY may be required. Only a couple users have reported this issue, but please be aware that it is a possibility.
The Gen 2 improvement allows for the sear to be used in a Single OR Two Stage configuration as well as stock safety functionality.
TWO STAGE CONFIGURATION
(Creates “take-up” or “pre-travel” prior to the piston being released (the break), similar to the stock sear set.)
The weight of the first stage can be adjusted using the set screw (with spring) at the bottom rear of the trigger. The pretravel takes up approximately 50% of the overall travel of the trigger from it’s farthest forward setting to it’s farthest rearward setting. This can be shortened until user preference is achieved, or eliminated completely.
SINGLE STAGE CONFIGURATION
(Has no pre-travel and “breaks” as soon as the appropriate amount of weight has been applied to the trigger.)
There is no need to adjust trigger weight when using this method, as it is already optimized. The Trigger return spring may be removed completely as the sear spring provides the return for both components. In this configuration, the stock safety may not work depending on what piston is being used.
- American Sourced 316 Stainless Steel
- CNC Cut in the USA for precision tolerances and smooth edge finish
- Sear Thickness has been enhanced to alleviate the need for shimming
- 90-degree sear-to-piston contact to match piston base and allow for the use of upgrade springs without causing excessive fatigue and wear on parts. This also ensures centering of the piston in the cylinder, creating a smooth bolt pull and return when used in conjunction with a quality piston.
- The tip of the sear is slightly rounded to allow the piston to release smoothly (the piston is not, and cannot be held on this curve, it only aides in release).
- Allows for Single or Two-Stage configuration as well as the functionality of the stock safety in the Two-Stage configuration.
***PLEASE BE ADVISED***
*This Sear is for the AS01, it is not compatible with the AS02 (AS02 will be released soon!)
This product may require additional technical skill and/or knowledge to be properly installed/utilized. We are happy to supply you with any resources we have to assist you with your product installation however you must be aware of the risks you take if you do not possess the skills/knowledge required to install/utilize the products that you purchase. Never hesitate to reach out to us prior to your purchase if you have any questions or concerns.